25 Things You Can Do If You Want To Take A Break
Do you really need to take a break? Yes!
I love Monday mornings because it is my day off from work.
For people who work 9-5 jobs, Sundays are their usual day off. For some, they work seven days a week. For freelancers, every day is a chance to work and earn more money. This is one of the dangers, for me, when you are the boss. If you are a freelancer or have a business, you make your own schedule and most of the time, taking a break is just optional.
I have my lazy days but when it comes to work, I put everything aside and work seriously. 14 hours a day would be easy peasy if I’m in my working mood. I would burn myself at work and then get moody after a few days.
So why do you need to take a break?
Because it’s healthy for you! Working all the time is not only tiring but it can be depressing and make you irritable. When you’re burned out from working, it affects your life and how you live your life.
In the house, if you’ve been cooking, cleaning and doing house chores all the time, you won’t have the energy to enjoy your kids or spend time with your partner.
Taking a break doesn’t mean spending the whole day doing nothing. It can be as little as a 10-minute walk outside or an hour of reading your favorite book. If you’ve got more time and have extra money to spend, you can go have a massage or eat some comfort food. Do the things that makes you happy! This won’t only set the fire back in you but you will be more productive the next time you work.
As a writer, finding inspiration is a must. When I feel down or lonely, I usually go out and appreciate nature, watch a movie, listen to music or podcasts, watch funny videos, work out, cook something I’ve never cooked before, read books or articles and play some games. But this is just me.
If you don’t know what to do on your break time, here are fun things you can do:
1. Take a walk outside. (best in the morning under the sun)
2. Eat something. (Chocolate seems to work for me. Or cheetos haha!)
3. Do something for your friends or family members.
4. Indulge in a sinful treat. (Can somebody say Ice Cream?!)
5. Do something that scares you. (This comes easy for me haha!)
6. Binge watch a TV Series. (I usually need therapy after doing this haha)
7. Meditate. (best when you are stressed out and want to relax)
8. Clean your room, closet or fridge.
9. Wake up earlier than usual.
10. Dance! (To that tune that will make your feet move!)
11. Drink something. (Fresh juice if you want to be healthy. Or wine. haha)
12. Read articles and novels. (When was the last time you’ve read a book?)
13. Sing your favorite songs. (I do this a lot!)
14. Paint your nails. (Every girl knows this!)
15. Make your to do list for the week. (Include a motivational quote at the top of your list!)
16. Pamper yourself in the house. (Light some candles, do a facial and body scrub)
17. Make your own garden.
18. Cook something delicious for yourself.
19. Learn a new language. (I have started spanish, german, thai and french)
20. Clean your gadgets.
21. Start a new hobby. (I’m trying to learn how to draw)
22. Play an old game that you were addicted to before. (Starcraft anyone?!)
23. Revamp your clothes and learn how to DIY. (Pinterest is your bestfriend!)
24. Play dress up and try different hairstyles with it.
25. Lie down on your bed and daydream. (I bet you’ll fall asleep! haha)