Guest Post: Top 10 Beauty Tips for Men
With everyone raving about beauty, I’m suprised there’s still only a few available beauty tips for men. Although I am no expert in being a man, I guess every girl out there could give some beauty tips to them. Here are some of my favorite beauty tips for all the men out there:
1. The best beauty products are not the expensive ones, they are those that are natural as much as possible. There aren’t much DIY on men’s products but my favorite is the DIY shaving cream (or maybe oil) by mixing raw shea butter, olive oil and coconut oil.
2. For men with dry skin, unrefined coconut oil and jojoba oil can soften even those rugged hands of yours!
3. Stained teeth? Go for a natural teeth whitener using strawberries! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, go ahed and google it! (Thank you!)
4. According to this website, you can freeze spoons overnight and then apply them to your eye area every morning. Chilled raw potato slices placed under the eyes for around 20 minutes can help reduce dark circles because they contain catecholase, a skin-lightening enzyme.
5. For a clearer skin, follow the ladies footsteps and do the 3-step regimen: cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize!
6. Don’t forget to exfoliate twice or thrice a week! My favorite DIY facial scrub is a combination of sugar, milk and honey! But if you’re not into making your own exfoliator, go for St. Ives Apricot Scrub, one of the best out there! This is probably one of the best beauty tips for men that shouldn’t be taken for granted.
7. Men are no exception in having wrinkles and sun-damaged skin so it’s very important to use a good day moisturizer with SPF! It will protect your skin from wrinkles and other long term damages like fine lines and skin cancer. Always consider using a moisturizer with a great multi-spectrum defense!
8. Hair is every woman’s crowning glory and maybe it’s no difference with some men. A lot of guys have modern hairstyles nowadays. The best way to keep those locks healthy and shiny is to use shampoo’s that are not harsh and drying. Weekly hot oil treatments will keep it shiny too! My favorite natural hot oil treatment is warm coconut milk!
9. Some men are hairy and some men aren’t. Some hairy men are hot and some are not (sorry! hehe). Spend some time trimming the nose in your hair if it gets too long. I’m not sure what’s the best tool to trim it but I’m pretty sure the salesperson in the beauty department knows!
10. Keep your nails short and clean. Maybe it’s just me or maybe not but I don’t find men with long nails attractive. Not in this lifetime. Or the next!
And there you have it, the beauty tips for men from the Lemonberry Life!